December 20, 2019
- • DISCLAIMERS
- • LIABILITY LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS
- • AN INDEMNITY FROM YOU
- • A FORUM SELECTION CLAUSE
- • A WAIVER OF CLASS ACTION DISPUTES CLAUSE
SUMMARY OF SERVICES
Genie Action is an innovative online shopping platform that enables fundraisers (“Schools/clubs Members”) to use the Genie Action Platform and our associated Services to earn cash to benefit causes they care about. Schools/clubs Members do this by encouraging others (“Buyers”) to help their Fundraising Campaign (the “Schools/clubs”) by taking one or more fundraising actions (each, a “Fundraising Action”). A Fundraising Action is one or more activities taken on the Genie Action Platform, or by following specific links from the Genie Action Platform, in help of Schools/clubs. Examples of Fundraising Actions include, but are not limited to, encouraging Buyers to purchase electronic coupons, gift cards, coupons, gift certificates and other electronic certificates (collectively, "Coupons") that can be redeemed for goods and services offered by participating companies (“Merchants”) where a percentage of the sale proceeds will go to the Schools/clubs; referring Buyers to make purchases through the Merchant’s shopping site (“Shopping”) where a percentage of the sale proceeds will go to the Schools/clubs; and encouraging Buyers to make a monetary donation in help of the Schools/clubs.
The purpose of these Services is to help organizations and individuals who want to improve the lives of people in their communities (the “Purpose”). Examples of Services include enabling Owners “Fundraisers” to start Schools/clubs with a Merchant and to promote the sale of a selected Coupon to Buyers or to solicit donations via customized content (“Content”) on the Genie Action Platform. Schools/clubs Members, Buyers and other partners (collectively, “Users” or “you”) will be able to contribute to the Content by posting comments and by submitting materials to us to include in the Content.
AVAILABILITY OF SERVICES
The Services are only available to (i) individuals of legal age in their home jurisdiction to form a binding contract with Genie Action or, if not of legal age, who have consent from their parent/guardian; and (ii) individuals and organizations that otherwise have the authority to create a legally binding agreement.
Genie Action is concerned about the safety and privacy of all its Users, particularly children. For this reason, parents or guardians who wish to allow their children access to the Services should supervise their access to the Services. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in these Terms or on the Genie Action Platform, children under the age of 16 years are not permitted to use the Genie Action Platform or use the Services. Users between the ages of 16 years and 18 years require parental consent to use the services.
Unless expressly stated otherwise, in relation to a particular Merchant or Schools/clubs, individuals under 16 years of age may not register on the Genie Action Platform with their own personal information (e.g., name, date of birth, physical or email address or other contact information, etc.). In order to be a Schools/clubs Member or Buyer, post content, make donations or otherwise provide us with any personal information.
MODIFICATION OF SERVICES
OWNERSHIP OF THE GENIE ACTION PLATFORM
TRANSMISSION OF INFORMATION
Because we do not control the security of the Internet or other networks you use to access the Genie Action Platform or communicate with us, Genie Action, the Merchants and other Users cannot be, and are not responsible for, the security of information that you choose to communicate on the Genie Action Platform while it is being transmitted. Genie Action, the Merchants and other Users are not responsible for any data lost during transmission.
USER GENERATED CONTENT
You understand that all materials, including without limitation, Content, information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, and email messages or other kinds of messages that Users post or otherwise make available on the Genie Action Platform ("Submissions") are the sole responsibility of the person from which such Content originated. This means that you, and not Genie Action the Merchants and other Users, are entirely responsible for all Submissions that you post.
By posting Submissions on or through the Genie Action Platform, you grant Genie Action a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, sub licensable, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, edit, translate, distribute, perform, and display the Submissions alone or as part of other works in any form, media, or technology whether now known or hereafter developed without territorial or time limitations, and to sublicense such rights through multiple tiers of sublicenses. Your license of any Submissions submitted above extends to use for promotions, advertising, market research or any other lawful purpose, without limitation. You warrant that any moral rights in your Submissions have been waived. Further, by posting Submissions on or through the Genie Action Platform, you warrant the Submissions are your original works or that the owner of such works has expressly granted to Genie Action a perpetual, worldwide, royalty- free irrevocable, non-exclusive license for said works with all of the rights granted by you herein and that the Submissions do not violate and will not violate applicable law or the rights of any third party including any right of publicity, right of privacy, copyright, patent, trademark or other intellectual property right or any proprietary right. By posting Submissions on or through the Genie Action Platform, you acknowledge and agree that Genie Action may create on its own ideas that may be, or may obtain Submissions that may be, similar or identical to Postings you submit. You agree that you shall have no recourse against Genie Action for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary or other right in or related to the Submissions you provide to Genie Action.
Genie Action, the Merchants and other Users do not pre-screen Submissions and, as such, do not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Submissions. You understand that by using the Service, you may be exposed to Submissions that are offensive or objectionable. Under no circumstances will Genie Action, the Merchants and other Users be liable in any way for any Submissions or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of or reliance upon any Submissions. You also understand that all Submissions are public and not private.
Genie Action takes claims of copyright infringement seriously. Genie Action will respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with applicable laws.
Notices to Genie Action regarding any alleged copyright infringement should be directed to Genie Action Inc. via email at: info@GenieAction.com. Please include in your notice a detailed description of the alleged infringement.
Genie Action reserves the right to remove any Submission that allegedly infringes another party’s copyright. Genie Action will terminate, in appropriate circumstances, Users who are repeat infringers of another party’s copyright.
If you believe in good faith that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement under applicable law, please provide us with a written notice containing the following:
- a) Your name, address, telephone number, and email address;
- b) A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- c) A description of where on the Genie Action Platform the material you claim is infringing may be found, sufficient for Genie Action to locate the material (e.g., the URL);
- d) A statement that you have a good faith belief that the use of the copyrighted work is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or applicable law;
- e) A statement by you under penalty of perjury under applicable law that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf; and
- f) Your electronic or physical signature.
Filing a DMCA Counter-Notice to Restore Content Removed from the Genie Action Platform: If you believe that your Submission has been removed by mistake or misidentification, please provide Genie Action with a written counter-notification containing the following information:
- a) Your name, address, telephone number, and email address;
- b) A description of the material that was removed;
- c) A description of where on the Genie Action Platform the material that was removed previously appeared (e.g., URL);
- d) A statement that you have a good faith believe that the material was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification;
- e) A statement by you under penalty of perjury under applicable law that the information in your counter-notice is accurate;
- f) Your electronic or physical signature.
You agree not to display or use in any manner any trademark, services mark, logo, trade dress, slogan, or other brand features, either registered under the laws of Canada, the United States, or any other country or jurisdiction, or unregistered and existing at common law, belonging to Genie Action (the “Genie Action Marks”) unless you obtain Genie Action's prior written permission. If you are seeking permission to use any GenieAction Marks, please contact info@GenieAction.com and applicable Schools/clubs logos and trademarks are used within the Genie Action Platform and Services with the express consent of each of the Merchants and Schools/clubs Members who create the Schools/clubs. Such logos and trademarks are protected by each applicable party and should not be reproduced or downloaded without prior consent from the applicable party.
If you believe in good faith that any of your registered trademarks or service marks have been copied in a way that constitutes trademark infringement under applicable law, please provide us with a written notice containing the following:
- a) Your name, address, telephone number, and email address;
- b) A description of the trademark you claim to be infringed, including the registration number, jurisdiction(s)in which the trademark is registered, and the categories of goods and/or services covered by the registration;
- c) A description of where on the Genie Action Platform the trademark you claim is infringing may be found, sufficient for Genie Action to locate the material (e.g., the URL);
- d) A statement that you have a good faith belief that the use of the trademark is not authorized by the trademark owner, registration, or licensee or their respective agents, or applicable law;
- e) A statement by you under penalty of perjury under applicable law that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are the trademark registrant or licensee or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf; and
- f) Your electronic or physical signature.
If we remove your Content because of a trademark infringement report, you will receive a notification from us that includes the name and email of the rights holder who made the report and/or the details of the report. If you believe the content should not have been removed, you can follow up with the rights holder directly to try to resolve the issue. Genie Action does not provide a counter-notice or appeal mechanisms for claims of trademark infringement, and disclaims any liability for claims you might make regarding mistaken or misidentified trademark infringement notice and takedown requests.
You agree that you will only use the Services in accordance with the Purpose and will not use the Services to:
- 1. upload, post, email, transmit, or otherwise make available any Submission that is harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable or generally unlawful;
- 2. harm minors in any way;
- 3. upload personal information, including photographs or contact information, of individuals who are under 18years of age without consent from their legal guardian;
- 4. falsely impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a Genie Action employee, Merchant representative, forum leader, guide or host, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- 5. forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Submission transmitted through the Service;
- 6. upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- 7. upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any other party;
- 8. upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes", or any other form of illegal solicitation;
- 9. upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- 10. interfere with or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Service;
- 11. collect or provide funds, directly or indirectly, in order to carry out terrorist crimes, contribute to or facilitate the activities of a terrorist group, or instruct anyone to carry out a terrorist activity, including doing any of the foregoing in relation to a listed entity under s.83.05 of Part II.1 of the Criminal Code of Canada, export controlled or sanctioned countries, entities or persons under U.S. law, or any such similar legislation in your local jurisdiction;
- 12. collect or provide funds for a Schools/clubs, directly or indirectly, for any activity outside of the purpose for which you have publicly stated you are collecting or providing the funds;
- 13. collect or provide funds, directly or indirectly, for any fraudulent activity, including, but not limited to money laundering;
- 14. stalk or otherwise harass another User;
- 15. collect or store personal data about other Users without their express consent or in connection with the prohibited conduct and activities set forth above;
- 16. attempt to override or circumvent any of the usage rules embedded into the Service;
- 17. take any action that imposes or may impose (as determined by Genie Action in its sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the Genie Action platform’s infrastructure;
- 18. interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Service or any activities conducted on the Service;
- 19. bypass any measures that Genie Action may use to prevent or restrict access to the Service (or other accounts, computer systems, or networks connected to the Service);
- 20. run Mail list, Listserv, or any form of auto-responder or "spam" on the Service, including use of the Service to manually “spam”;
- 21. use manual or automated software, devices, or other processes to "crawl" or "spider" the Genie Action Platform;
- 22. intentionally or unintentionally commit click fraud by using a person, automated script, or computer program to imitate legitimate use of a web browser; or
- 23. access (or attempt to access) the Service by any means other than through the interface that is provided by Genie Action, unless you have been specifically allowed to do so in a separate agreement with Genie Action.
If Genie Action suspects, at its sole discretion, that the Service has been used in any illegal manner, we reserve the right to terminate the appropriate User’s access to the Genie Action Platform and Services and to report such use and User to the relevant authorities.
OBLIGATIONS OF FUNDRAISERS AND SCHOOLS/CLUBS
Schools/clubs are subject to approval by Genie Action and/or Merchant at the sole discretion of Genie Action. Schools/clubs and their beneficiaries will be considered and approved in accordance with the Genie Action Schools/clubs & Beneficiary Approval Guidelines and, in some cases, with the approval of the participating Merchant. Genie Action and Merchant reserves the right to contact any third party listed as a recipient of the raised funds to request information that will enable Genie Action and the participating Merchant to approve and to verify the validity of the Schools/clubs, and such proposed recipient of funds may decline the funds raised or proposed to be raised, and at any time thereafter, any proposed or present beneficiary of any campaign may opt-out of the receipt of future funds at any time by emailing us at info@GenieAction.com.
If you are a Fundraiser, your use of the Services is subject to the following additional terms and conditions:
- 1. You must be a registered User to create a Schools/clubs. You must use a valid email address to create a Schools/clubs and not use an account of another User. You must use a valid email address and keep it up to date in your User settings.
- 2. As a Fundraiser, you are warranting the validity and accuracy of the Schools/clubs as you have portrayed it on the Genie Action Platform and agree to in no way mislead Users as to your fundraising purpose.
- 3. If your Schools/clubs helps a third party, you must provide accurate, complete and updated information on that third party.
- 4. You must provide full, complete payment information to direct Genie Action or its designees to send final payment. This may be in the form of name and address. If you are providing other payment information for a third party, you must obtain their consent to do so. You may use your personal address to collect funds on behalf of a third party, but Genie Action reserves the right to contact the third party directly to verify receipt of the payment within one month of issuance/
- 5. Beneficiaries of the funds raised must meet the requirements outlined in the Genie Action Schools/clubs & Beneficiary Approval Guideline in order to be approved. In the event that your schools/clubs has raised funds but your Beneficiary does not meet these guidelines, Genie Action will contact you via email with the reason for denial. You will have the opportunity to submit an alternate beneficiary for consideration. If the second Beneficiary does not meet our guidelines, and you have already raised funds, those funds will be directed to another approved schools/clubs on Genie Action platform. Only when your beneficiary is approved will you be permitted to withdraw any funds raised.
EARNED REVENUE - SCHOOLS/CLUBS
- (i) Revenue earned through the use of the Service to help a Schools/clubs is earned revenue and represents the exact amount that will be received by the Schools/clubs (“Earned Revenue”). The determination of whether a purchase made through a Merchant qualifies for Earned Revenue is at the sole discretion of Genie Action. If a Merchant fails to report a transaction to Genie Action or fails to make payment to Genie Action for any reason, Genie Action reserves the right to cancel the Earned Revenue associated with that transaction.
- (ii) Earned revenue is described on each Fundraising Action.
- (iii) The sum of all Earned Revenue will be displayed in the Schools/clubs Owner’s “Payment” tab. This tab will also indicate when a payment has been sent to the Schools/clubs beneficiary. Earned Revenue is considered to be earned when it is displayed on the Payment tab, subject to confirmation by relevant external commercial party.
- (iv) En our sole discretion, we may, without notice, deduct Earned Revenue from your Schools/clubs to make adjustments for returns and cancellations of purchases made at Merchants through our platform. Any such adjustments will be made in accordance with this Agreement, any applicable Genie Action policies and terms, the terms of the Merchant offer and any and all applicable laws, rules and regulations. In addition, Genie Action may make account adjustments for any Earned Revenue that Genie Action, in its sole discretion, deems as fraudulent, abusive, unethical, suspicious or otherwise inconsistent with this Agreement or any other applicable law or regulation. Genie Action decisions are final. Should you disagree with any adjustments made to your account or payments made to you, your sole remedy is to withdraw from the Service.
- (v) It is your responsibility to check your Schools/clubs regularly to ensure that Earned Revenue has been properly credited and that your Schools/clubs balance is accurate. If you believe that Earned Revenue has not been correctly credited to your Schools/clubs, you must submit a claim from your Account.
- (vi) The “Savings Chest” will display the amount raised through actions in help of the Schools/clubs. In some cases, the Savings Chest may be an approximation of the Earned Revenue as a result of adding to the Savings Chest as soon as a help action is taken. If a help action must be confirmed or verified at a later date, there may be a discrepancy between the savings Chest and the Earned Revenue. In any such case, the amount shown in the Payment tab supersedes the amount shown in the Goal Chest.
- (vii) From time to time, the amount displayed in the savings Chest and/or in the Payment tab may be inaccurate as a result of error. Genie Action reserves the right to correct any such error and will not be obligated to pay out any erroneously reported earned revenue.
EARNED REVENUE - PERSONAL ACCOUNTS
You may continue to shop and earn revenue on the Genie Action platform after your Schools/clubs closes. Revenue earned after your Schools/clubs closes will be held in your Personal Account. Your Personal Account is for your use only. Others cannot contribute to your Personal Account either by shopping or donating. The funds you earn on your Personal Account must be transferred to a Schools/clubs of your choice in order to withdraw the funds. There is no minimum balance required to transfer funds from a Personal Account to a Schools/clubs.
GENIE ACTION VERIFIED STATUS
Genie Action Verified Status (“Verified Status”) is awarded to schools/clubs on approved Clubs, Associations, Leagues, Schools, Charities and Non-Profit Groups. Those schools/clubs with beneficiaries approved in accordance with the Genie Action Schools/clubs & Beneficiary Approval Guidelines qualify for Verified Status. Once awarded Verified Status, approved members of that schools/clubs will have access to exclusive merchant offers and promotions.
PAYMENT TO SCHOOLS/CLUBS
- (i) Earned Revenue is paid only to Schools/clubs via check or e-check and sent to the Beneficiary selected by Fundraiser during account creation.
- (ii) Earned Revenue will be paid in the relevant currency based on the chosen geographic area and based on the currency (and exchange rate then in-effect) in which the Coupon is purchased or a donation is made.
- (iii) Earned Revenue will be paid to the approved Beneficiary in the expected delivery time noted on the Schools/clubs Owner’s “Payments” tab.
- (iv) A withdrawal processing fee of $50 is charged for all withdrawals under $100.
- (i) All fundraising actions are at your own risk. Genie Action does not and cannot guarantee that your help will be used in accordance with any fundraising purpose prescribed by a Schools/clubs Organizer. We assume no responsibility to verify whether the help is used in accordance with any applicable laws; such responsibility rests solely with the Schools/clubs Organizer, as applicable. If a contribution has been made to a campaign that has been denied, does not meet our Terms of Service and or has been terminated due to inactivity, please email us at info@GenieAction.com and we will process your refund.
- (ii) Purchasing online directly from participating Merchants Purchases you make at participating Merchants through our site or using the Genie Action is a Fundraising Action that generates Earned Revenue. The amount of Earned Revenue is calculated on your net purchase amount, varies by Merchant and is subject to change. Please note that the net purchase amount excludes taxes, fees, shipping, gift-wrapping, discounts or credits, returns or cancellations, and extended warranties. Re-sale of items purchased from participating Merchants for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited.
(iii) Purchasing Coupons online Coupons books (which may includes gift cards) you purchase through the Genie Action Platform as a User are offers that you purchase from participating Merchants through our Service that helps Schools/clubs. The Coupons are redeemable for certain goods, services or experiences offered by, or facilitated through, the Merchant identified on the Coupon. The Merchant is solely responsible for redeeming the Coupon. The Merchant is the issuer of the Coupon and is fully responsible for all goods and services it provides to you and for any and all injuries, illnesses, damages, claims, liabilities and costs (“Losses”) it may cause you to suffer, directly or indirectly, in full or in part, whether related to the use or redemption of a coupon or not. You waive and release Genie Action and its subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers (including Payment Card Networks (as defined below) and payment processors), partners, officers, directors, employees and agentsfrom any Losses arising from or related to any act or omission of a Merchant in connection with your use of a Coupon or the goods or services it provides in connection therewith.
By purchasing any Coupon you agree to the Terms of Sale listed on Coupon. By purchasing, viewing a mobile version, printing, accepting, using or attempting to use any Coupon, you agree to such Terms of Sale (“Rules”) and any additional, deal specific terms advertising the Coupon at the time of purchase (collectively, the “Fine Print”, regardless of how labeled). These Rules apply to all Coupons that we make available, unless a particular Coupon’s Fine Print states otherwise, and except as otherwise required by law. In the event of a conflict between these Rules and the Fine Print, the Fine Print will prevail.
Coupons specify two separate values: (a) the amount paid for the Coupon book and (b) the Genie value, which is the amount paid to the Schools/clubs benefiting from the offer (the “Genie Value”). For example, if you pay $25 for a Coupon book that gives $15 to a Schools/clubs, the Genie Value is $15, the amount paid is $25.If a Merchant or venue refuses to honor any Coupon, Genie Action will refund the amount paid upon request in the original form of payment, or will credit the Genie Action account of the Buyer with an equivalent amount, in either cash or currency related to a future loyalty program less the Genie Value and less any transaction fees or loss on exchange rate incurred. For example, if you pay $25 for a Coupon book that gives $15 to a Schools/clubs, the refund amount will be $15 less transaction fees to the Buyer.
Genie Action, the Merchants and other Users and partners will not be responsible for any lost or stolen Coupons.
You will not directly or indirectly purchase any Coupons for goods or services through Genie Action links for resale or commercial use (of any kind) or offer any Coupons on your website for resale or commercial use of any kind.
Card Linking to Earn Cash Back in Stores and Restaurants
a. Sharing your Payment Information By registering a payment card in connection with transaction monitoring, you authorize us to share your payment information with our third-party service providers (including Swipe, Inc.) and payment card networks (e.g., Visa, MasterCard, American Express) (collectively, “Payment Card Networks”). You authorize Payment Card Networks to monitor transactions on your registered card(s) to identify your purchases in order to determine whether you have qualified for or earned an offer linked to your payment card, and for Payment Card Networks to share such transaction details with Swipe and for Swipe to share such transaction details with us to enable your card-linked offer(s) and target offers that may be of interest to you (“Card Linking Program”). You may opt-out of the Card Linking Program at any time by logging into your Genie Action account and clicking LINKED CREDIT CARDS with the MY ACCOUNT page and clicking “delete” next to the payment card. You must repeat this process for every card you wish to delete.
b. Card Eligibility Not all Visa, MasterCard and American Express cards are eligible for registration and not all transactions with your registered Visa, MasterCard and American Express card are tracked by Visa, MasterCard and American Express. Without limitation, Visa, MasterCard and American Express Corporate cards, Visa, MasterCard and American Express Purchasing cards, non- reloadable prepaid cards, government administered prepaid cards (including EBT cards), healthcare (including Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending Account (FSA) or insurance prepaid cards, Visa Buxx, and Visa-branded cards whose transactions are not processed through the Visa U.S.A payment system, MasterCard payment system and/or American Express payment system are not eligible to participate in the Card Linking Program.
Purchases made with a Personal Identification Number (“PIN”) are also ineligible for rewards or offer completion through the Card Linking Program.
c. Transaction Eligibility
Not all transactions with your registered Visa, MasterCardand American Express card are tracked by Visa, MasterCard and American Express.
You acknowledge that Visa, MasterCard, and American Express may be unable to monitor every transaction made with your enrolled Visa, MasterCard, or American Express card, including PIN-based purchases, purchases you initiate through identification technology that substitutes for a PIN, payments made through other payment methods (such as a digital wallet or a third party payment app, where you may choose your Visa, MasterCard, or American Express card as a funding source but you do not present your card directly to the merchant), payments of existing balances, balance transfers, or transactions that are not processed or submitted through the Visa U.S.A., MasterCard, and American Express payment systems, and that these transactions are not eligible. If you register a debit card, your transaction must be processed as a credit (i.e., signature) transaction to make sure the transaction can be monitored. Do not use a PIN when paying for your purchases with your enrolled card if you want the transaction to be eligible for rewards or offer completion through the Card Linking Program.
There is a $250 cashback limit per transaction.
d. Double Enrolment Restrictions
We use Swipe as our service provider to help us operate the Card Linking Program. Your payment cards may only be enrolled in one program operated by Swipe. If you have already activated a payment card with a separate program operated by Swipe, you will be unable to activate that payment card with both our Card Linking Program and the other program. You may use another payment card with Genie Action or deactivate your card with the other program.
- (v) Donations You may also be enabled to make a donation to a Schools/clubs through the Services without having to purchase a Coupon or take any other Fundraising Action. For each donation, the Schools/clubs will receive the amount of the donation less a transaction fee.
MEMBER ACCOUNT, PASSWORD & SECURITY
Your username/I.D. the property of Genie Action or its affiliates and is not your personal information.
You are responsible for all Submissions posted and activity that occurs under your account.
REFERRING FRIENDS TO GENIE ACTION
Genie Action enables you to refer friends to Genie Action. Your Schools/clubs may be eligible to receive monetary benefits for referring friends (subject to certain terms and conditions for referring a friend and details to be made available on our Site(s)). If you wish to refer friends to Genie Action, we will provide you a unique referral link, which you can share directly with others via email, social media websites, or other communications methods. If someone clicks your link and takes a qualifying action, we may attribute that referral to you for purposes such as awarding reward credit. The Genie Action referral program is available only for Schools/clubs. In order to refer another Schools/clubs to Genie Action you must do it through a Schools/clubs page, not your Personal Account.
WEBSITES OF OTHERS
TO THE EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE GENIE ACTION PLATFORM, THE SERVICE, THE CONTENT, AND SUBMISSIONS ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS, AS AVAILABLE” BASIS AND GENIE ACTION EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, MERCHANTABLE QUALITY, TITLE, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. TO THE EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW, GENIE ACTION DISCLAIMS ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY LOSS, INJURY, CLAIM, LIABILITY, OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO
- (A) ANY ERRORS IN OR OMISSIONS FROM THE GENIE ACTION PLATFORM, THE SERVICE, THE CONTENT, AND THE SUBMISSIONS INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, TECHNICAL INACCURACIES AND TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS,
- (B) THIRD PARTY COMMUNICATIONS,
- (C) ANY THIRD PARTY WEBSITES OR CONTENT THEREIN DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY ACCESSED THROUGH LINKS ON THE GENIE ACTION PLATFORM, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY ERRORS IN OR OMISSIONS THEREFROM,
- (D) THE UNAVAILABILITY OF THE GENIE ACTION PLATFORM, THE SERVICE, THE CONTENT, THE SUBMISSIONS, OR ANY PORTION THEREOF,
- (E) YOUR USE OF THE GENIE ACTION PLATFORM, THE SERVICE, THE CONTENT, OR THE SUBMISSIONS, OR
- (F) YOUR USE OF ANY EQUIPMENT OR SOFTWARE IN CONNECTION WITH THE GENIE ACTION PLATFORM, THE SERVICE, THE CONTENT, OR THE SUBMISSIONS.
TO THE EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW, GENIE ACTION DOES NOT MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, OR GUARANTEES WITH RESPECT TO ANY OF THE MERCHANDISE, PRODUCTS, OR SERVICES FEATURED, MENTIONED, DESCRIBED, AUCTIONED, DISTRIBUTED, GIVEN AWAY, RENTED, SOLD, OR OTHERWISE AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE GENIE ACTION PLATFORM OR SERVICE. ALL TRANSACTIONS FOR MERCHANDISE, PRODUCTS, OR SERVICES SHALL SOLELY BE BETWEEN THE USER AND THE THIRD-PARTY SELLER, DISTRIBUTOR, OR MANUFACTURER.
IF YOU PURCHASE, ORDER, OBTAIN OR RESEARCH MERCHANDISE, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES ON OR THROUGH THE GENIE ACTION PLATFORM OR SERVICE, NOTE THAT GENIE ACTION HAS NO CONTROL OVER, AND ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR, THE QUALITY, QUANTITY, SIZE, CHARACTER, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, SPECIFICATIONS, FEATURES, FUNCTIONALITY, SAFETY, OR LEGALITY OF SUCH MERCHANDISE, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES, THE TRUTH OR ACCURACY OF THE LISTINGS, OR THE ABILITY OF THE SELLERS TO SELL, SHIP, OR OTHERWISE PROVIDE SUCH MERCHANDISE, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
TO THE EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU AGREE THAT GENIE ACTION AND ITS SUPPLIERS (INCLUDING PAYMENT CARD NETWORKS AND PAYMENT PROCESSORS) ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE, AND SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY TO YOU, WITH RESPECT TO MERCHANDISE, PRODUCTS, OR SERVICES AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE GENIE ACTION PLATFORM OR SERVICE.
YOU AND GENIE ACTION AGREE THAT, TO THE EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ANY PROCEEDINGS TO RESOLVE OR LITIGATE ANY DISPUTE ARISING HEREUNDER WILL BE CONDUCTED SOLELY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS, AND THAT YOU WILL NOT SEEK TO HAVE ANY DISPUTE HEARD AS A CLASS ACTION, A REPRESENTATIVE ACTION, A COLLECTIVE ACTION, A PRIVATE ATTORNEY-GENERAL ACTION, OR IN ANY PROCEEDING IN WHICH YOU ACT OR PROPOSE TO ACT IN A REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY. YOU FURTHER AGREE THAT, TO THE EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW, NO PROCEEDING WILL BE JOINED, CONSOLIDATED, OR COMBINED WITH ANOTHER PROCEEDING WITHOUT THE PRIOR WRITTEN CONSENT OF GENIE ACTION AND ALL PARTIES TO ANY SUCH PROCEEDING.
THIRD PARTY RIGHTS
The provisions of the Disclaimer, Limitation of Liability, and Indemnification sections above are for the benefit of Genie Action and its parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates and their respective present and future officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, suppliers, and third-party information providers to the Genie Action Platform. Each of these individuals or entities shall have the right to assert and enforce those provisions directly against you on its own behalf.
SPECIAL ADMONITIONS FOR INTERNATIONAL USE
Recognizing the global nature of the Internet, you agree to comply with all local rules regarding online conduct. Specifically, you agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from Canada or the country in which you reside. Residents of the EU are not permitted to use this platform or service.
SCHOOLS/CLUBS AND PERSONAL ACCOUNT INACTIVITY
In order for a Schools/clubs to remain active on the Service, the Schools/clubs must raise more than $0.01 through shopping or donations or withdraw funds at least once within a twelve (12)- month period. If a Schools/clubs does not raise more than $0.01 or withdraw funds during any twelve (12)-month period, the Schools/clubs will be declared inactive (in each instance, an “Inactive Schools/clubs”). In order for your Personal Account to remain active on the Service, you must earn more than $0.01 through shopping or donations or transfer funds of any amount to a Schools/clubs at least once within a twelve (12)-month period. If you do not earn more than $0.01 in your Personal Account or transfer funds from your Personal Account to a Schools/clubs during any twelve (12)-month period, your Personal Account will be declared inactive (in each instance, an “Inactive Personal Account”).
Except where prohibited by applicable law, Genie Action reserves the right to debit from the balance of an Inactive Schools/clubs or Inactive Personal Account, as the case may be, an account maintenance fee of Five Dollars ($5.00 in the currency of your Schools/clubs’s location) per month (or if the account has a balance of less than $5.00, then such amount up to $5.00) (“Maintenance Fee”) to cover the cost of maintaining the Inactive Schools/clubs or Inactive Personal Account in Genie Action’s normal course of business unless and until the Inactive Schools/clubs or Inactive Personal Account is reactivated by any of its Schools/clubs Members raising more than $0.01 or withdrawing funds or until the account balance is zero. Maintenance Fees are debited from Inactive Schools/clubs and Inactive Personal Accounts on the first business day of each subsequent month. Maintenance Fees are nonrefundable, but the deduction of Maintenance Fees from an account will not cause the Inactive Schools/clubs or Inactive Personal Account’s account balance to become negative and will not cause any Schools/clubs or Schools/clubs Members to owe any money to Genie Action.
If an Inactive Schools/clubs or Inactive Personal Account remains inactive for more than twelve (12) consecutive months and the balance in your inactive account is or becomes zero, Genie Action reserves the right to permanently close the Inactive Schools/clubs or Inactive Personal Account, as the case may be, and cease to maintain the Inactive Schools/clubs or Inactive Personal Account’s records.
GENERAL PRACTICES REGARDING USE, STORAGE AND ACCOUNT TERMINATION
You acknowledge that Genie Action may establish general practices and limits concerning use of the Service. You agree that Genie Action has no responsibility or liability for the deletion or failure to store any messages and other communications or other Content maintained or transmitted by the Service. You acknowledge that Genie Action reserves the right to remove any User account and/or Schools/clubs and discard any Submissions with or without notice and for any reason, including, without limitation:
- 2. Requests by law enforcement or other government agencies;
- 3. A request by you (i.e., self-initiated account deletions);
- 4. Discontinuance or material modification to the Service (or any part thereof);
- 5. Unexpected technical or security issues or problems;
- 6. in compliance with legal process;
- 7.If you have or we believe you have engaged in illegal activities, including without limitation, fraud in connection with the Services; or
- 8. After a twelve (12) month long continual period of inactivity.
In order for a Schools/clubs to remain active, that Schools/clubs must raise more than $0.01 or withdraw funds within a 12-month period. If your Schools/clubs does not raise more than $0.01 or withdraw funds during a 12-month period, it will be declared inactive. Once declared inactive, Genie Action reserves the right to terminate and delete your account which means that you will no longer be eligible to earn cash back or request your Earned Revenue. If your Schools/clubs has been terminated, Genie Action reserves the right to allocate Earned Revenue to other campaigns, contests or grants at Genie Action’s discretion.
Genie Action reserves the right to terminate User accounts, Campaigns, and Schools/clubs without liability.
If you want to close your account, please notify us in writing by sending an email to our Customer Help Center at info@GenieAction.com. While we are ready to assist you in managing your subscriptions, closing your account, and removing your active profile, we cannot always delete records of past interactions and transactions. For example, we are required to retain records relating to previous purchases on the Sites for financial reporting and compliance reasons.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services and to maintain a record of your transactions for financial reporting purposes. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services, contact our Customer Help Center at info@GenieAction.com. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
NO RIGHT OF SURVIVORSHIP AND NON-TRANSFERABILITY
You agree that your Genie Action account is non-transferable and any rights to your username/I.D. or Submissions within your account terminate upon your death. Upon receipt of a copy of a death certificate, your account may be terminated and all Submissions may be permanently deleted.
REMEDIES FOR VIOLATIONS
WAIVER AND SEVERABILITY OF TERMS